People say we’re all seeking the meaning of life. I think that what we’re really seeking is the experience of being alive - Rudyard Kipling
Critical Incident Response
Trauma can be any human experience that is out of the ordinary. It can impact on staff morale, well being efficiency, productivity and profit.
A Critical Incident is an experience so much out of the ordinary that normal coping resources may become ineffective without specific intervention.
A Critical Incident may include:
- Sudden death
- Major injury
- Actual or potential physical attack
- Serious accidents that witnesses find frightening or repulsive
- Extreme verbal abuse
Solutions for Life, offers a rapid ‘Critical Incident Response’ to assist organisations manage trauma using trained and accredited personnel, so that the organisation retains control during a trauma.
Solutions for Life’s trauma management consists of
- Preparation to ensure adequate protocols are in place should trauma occur
- Control to ensure that the organisation maintains control during a trauma
- Normalisation to ensure a movement back to normal functioning as quickly as possible
The Critical Incident Response involves assisting those individuals directly exposed to a critical incident trauma to normalise the experience and to return to normal functioning as quickly as possible.
The Response involves:
- Assessment of the response required
- Assistance to management in handling the incident and maintaining control of the process
- Follow up of employees and families
To discuss matters relating to Trauma Management or Critical Incident Response contact Solutions for Life:
Phone 0419 322 385